Hello everyone. It’s me, Carlos Hernandez, your Miami Daily host. Keep reading for the most important things happening in town.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A parasitic thunderstorm in the afternoon. High: 87 Low: 80.
📢 I am looking for business owners and marketers in Miami who want to get noticed, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Miami Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If this is you, then I invite you to find out more and secure your place now.
Here are the top stories in Miami today:
1. An arrest was made in a Double Murder in West Palm Beach. Guillermo Silva, 57, was charged with youtwo counts of murder and one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. (CBS Miami)
2. Miami-Dade Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation held a memorial service on Tuesday for honor employees who have died from COVID-19 in 2021. The six honored officers are Juan Llanes, Alexey Aguilar, David Jean-Baptiste, Calyne St. Val, Terrell Jordan and Sylvia Allen. (CBS Miami)
3. One wife was injured after being caught in the crossfire of two cars shooting each other on Interstate 95 in northwest Miami-Dade early Tuesday, officials said. No other injuries were reported. (NBC Miami)
4. One a fire has been reported Monday evening at Golden Rule Seafood Restaurant in Palmetto Bay on South Dixie Highway and East Evergreen Street. No injuries were reported and no cause of the fire has been determined at this time. (WPLG Local 10)
5. One Miami Couple Arrested For Stealing French Bulldog and require a cash reward return the dog to its owner. Reinier Fuentes, 36, and Lilianne Domingue, 26, have been charged with grand theft, trafficking in stolen property and using a two-way communication device to facilitate a crime. (WSVN)
Help us improve this newsletter!
We have so many positive feedbacks on the Miami Daily that we are starting to get overwhelmed. Want to bring us back to earth with constructive feedback? If so, take our simple – and fast! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and gossip that really matters to you. And it will help us achieve our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you unsubscribe from.
We would appreciate your feedback so much that if you complete the survey, we will enter your email address in a drawing for a little patch swag mountain. You know you want this tote bag – so click the link and give it to us direct. Thanks!
Take the survey 👉
Today in Miami:
- Talking is teaching – Talking, reading, singing for preschoolers at the Lemon City branch library. (10h)
- Crazy Eddy juggling show at the Hispanic Branch Library. (1 p.m.)
- Christopher Kelley’s Leadership Development Program: Q&A Happy Hour Event at the Ch’i (5:30 p.m.)
- Relax with rosé, oysters and caviar during “The Golden Summer” dining experience at Villa Azur. (6:30 p.m.)
- The corner of poetry at the Krave Lounge & Restaurant. (8 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Miami-Dade Commissioner Joe A. Martinez calls for a lower tax rate for Miami-Dade as Mayor Daniella Levine Cava prepares her budget for 2023. (Twitter)
- Ian Anthony Medina, 28, of Miami Lakes was arrested last weekend and charged with several crimes, including ppractice law without a license, scheme organized to defraud, grand theft and misrepresentation. He said he plans to take legal action to have the criminal charges dismissed. (Subscription: Miami Herald)
- Celebrity chef Donatella Arpaia takes over the operations of two Coral Gables restaurants, Redfish and Forte. (Miami New Times)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Please follow and stay informed. See you soon!
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Miami Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org