Hello, people of Houston! Carlos Hernandez here with today’s copy of the Houston Daily.
First, today’s weather forecast:
The clouds give way to the sun. High: 82 Low: 65.
🏡 Are you a local real estate agent? Let us help you generate leads, grow your brand in Houston, and set you apart from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top five stories from today in Houston:
1. UHD is one of only six graduate-level RN programs offered in Texas. Registration for the program is now open for the fall semester and will offer a combination of hybrid courses, face-to-face and online. Prospective students who are interested in the program are encouraged to attend an upcoming VVirtual Information Session on Wednesday, April 6. (University of Houston – Downtown)
2. One of three suspects charged in the death of Deputy Almendarez appeared in court early Saturdaysay the reports. Joshua Stewart, 23 years old appeared in person in court of probable cause around 1 a.m., his bail will be set for another court appearance on Monday at the 177th District Court. (ABC 13)
3. Andre Johnson, former Houston Texans player and rapper, philanthropist and entrepreneur Akonhave teamed up for open a brand new 8,000 square foot steakhouse on Washington Avenue called Rare restaurant and lounge. The restaurant includes a patio, a private dining room and a smoking room. The restaurant is run by Chief Don Bowie. (Fox 26 Houston)
4. A new Southern restaurant called Hull & Oak opened on March 24 at the Laura Hotel, autograph collection at 1070 Dallas Street. The hotel is named after Laurathe steamer that traveled the Buffalo Bayou wearing the men who established Houston. (Houston Eater)
5. “Favorite for the concerts” a documentary about last November’s Astroworld festival tragedy in which 10 people died and hundreds more injured as fans rushed to the stage during Travis Scott’s performanceopen to AApril 29 at ShowBiz Cinemas in Kingwood, Xscape in Katy and Xscape in Conroe. (Houston Chronicle)
Today in Houston:
- Joel Corry at Key. (2:00 p.m.)
- Houston Symphony Orchestra at Jones Hall. (2:30 p.m.)
- Rob Landes in the Great American Songbook. (4:00 p.m.)
- Houston Rockets Vs. Minnesota Wolves at the Toyota Center. (6:00 p.m.)
- The Riot Presents ‘Best of Houston’ Comedy Showcase. (6:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Saturday, the American Legion Post 490 held a groundbreaking ceremony and dozens of people attended the grand celebration. (Click2Houston)
- Almost 300 Houston-area defendants released after a computer bug prevented them from getting a first hearing within the time required by state law, according to officials. (CBS Dallas/Fort Worth)
- Frenchy’s, Houston’s iconic fried chicken chain is set to open a new location this spring This is decades of preparation. (Houston Eater)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Houston Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now aware and ready to go out this Sunday! See you tomorrow for another update.
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.